Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Get Out of Your "Own Little World"

When I was a kid growing up in Ohio, I didn't know much about the world.  And that led me to have a rather narrow view of life when I was a young man.  I remember thinking that anyone, regardless of circumstances, could get ahead through hard work.  Then I took a trip to a developing country, and I saw people who worked much harder than I did but were unable to escape poverty.  My thinking began to change as my world enlarged.
 
To change focus, people need to get out of their own little world.  If you have a narrow view of people, go places you have never gone, meet the kind of people you do not know, and do things you have not done before.  It will change your perspective, as it has done mind.

- John C. Maxwell, Winning With People, Pg.65, Thomas Nelson Publishers, c2004

3 comments:

Unknown said...

True and a very timely post Pullam!!!!

Thanks for sharing....do you have a certain politicians email address? If so forward this to him!!

Pastor Kraig L. Pullam said...

Now, Brother...I was wondering if anyone would see the connection!

Thanks, my friend, for your input.

UplayOnline said...

If so forward this to him!!


สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง
goldenslot