Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air

It has been some time now since I've blogged--about 10 days--a long time for me! I am striving to complete my M.Div. at Southwestern. Fortunately I should be complete this time next year. To think--I started my Masters voyage in the Fall of 2001 after graduating from Dallas Baptist. I am sensing I will be in school forever, considering I have a dream to pursue some kind of degree in business and finance. And, of course, I must pursue the Doctorate. This, however, equates to a lot of time and money. For now, I am grateful to have finished this semester with 9 additional hours completed.

I am now able to commit more time to work, some things I am trying to do with the church, and spending some extra time with D'Ani. Our plan is to take a much needed vacation with the boys. I am looking forward to this. This is going to be an exciting Summer approaching with a lot of exciting things I anticipate (and pray) will happen for me personally and in ministry. Of course, it is ALREADY great; but even greater!

Side note--this past Sunday was great and attendance was good. I haven't preached at Cornerstone for 2 weeks, though I've been blessed to preach out several times; it was a joy to stand at The 'Stone' and proclaim the Word of God. I LOVE preaching at Cornerstone; I am learning that it is not the building; but the Divine Meshing together of Pastor and People. I have truly been assigned to the people I pastor during this time in my life and ministry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a very pleasant blog. I am happy to hear of your accomplishment of another semester completed. I really do hope you enjoy your summer and take a slow pace for awhile. Do the things you enjoy. Relax and refresh yourself for the next round. I love you.

vlpsongbird

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Pastor Kraig let me commend you on the continuation of your studies. I am presently 13 credits short of my Bachelor's in Religious Studies, which I will complete this summer and hopefully attend New York Theological Seminary in the fall. So I am proud of you my friend and the further you go, the more I will become inspired to catch up with you brother.

Pastor Lance

Ed Johnson III said...

Way to go my brother! Keep moving forward and you will finish soon enough. I am truly glad that you are continuing your education.

Enjoy your vacation with the family!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were doing it like that! Man, there is a lot that you do besides Pastor a church. A lot of going to school you have already done. Remain encouraged to go for the GOLD and have a nice well deserved vacation. Don't stop the blogging though.

LaDarius