Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Resurrection Sunday!

We had a good time in worship this past Sunday. We had good attendance; good praise and worship, and a good word! People 'THINK' that I did not preach but I did give a text with points. This past Sunday is one of the few times I cut the message VERY short and gave the opportunity for others to reflect upon what the Resurrection means to them. We had about 6 who gave powerful and touching testimonies of what Resurrection meant to them; and then I came and reflected upon the touching events of the crucifixion, Christ's suffering and sacrifice--continued to read scripture and then we had the opportunity to have Communion (The Lord's Supper). Things were changed around a bit, but everything flowed together in spiritual harmony. Before we left, I did extend the invitation to either accept Christ, renew commitment, or join the family. We had 3 who came to connect with our church--2 adults along with one child I have placed under watchcare. She desired to come and be a member; but she doesn't fully understand what it means to be baptized, etc. According to one of my professors, this is how many are prematurely misguided--when we baptize children too soon. I am not saying that I agree wholeheartedly--BUT I do need everyone to fully understand baptism if we are going to baptize. In time we will see!!!

1 comment:

Pastor Lance A. Mann said...

Pastor Pullam, my name is Pastor Lance A. Mann of the First Mount Zion Baptist Church, Newark, NJ. I was visiting my good friend HB Charles' blog page as I often do, and came across your comment to him about Crystal and his new addition to their family, and I clicked on the link to your blog and I want to tell you that God is doing and he will do a great thing for you and the Cornerstone Church. I am praying for the construction of your new building, as our church is in the process of relocating our current location and I am encouraged that if God is doing it for you, he will do it for us. I have a blog as well and it is pastorlamann.blogspot.com. Look forward to speaking with you in the near future. Be Blessed.