Saturday, March 15, 2008

Out of the Loop--but I'm still here!

I have been out of the loop for a second. This past week I have been battling the flu. Praise unto the Most High God--I am feeling much better; and plan to preach tomorrow! I will be preaching for my father, Dr. William L. Pullam, in Corpus Christi, Tx. A group from our church will be traveling with me while some others stay here and conduct worship at Cornerstone.

I am dissapointed that more of our people are not traveling with us (this does NOT mean upset). Upset and Dissapointment are 2 totally different things. There are many that I feel could travel with us; but this only comes in time and with growth.

In looking at my blogs,,,it is evident that God has brought our congregation from so far; but I always stress that we still have so far to go. There are frustrations that I continue to have in ministry. Our church is growing; but small-mindedness will kill ANY church. The tragedy is that the first one who is looked at for the repurcusions of small-mindedness is the pastor!!! Unfortunately, sometimes it is true. In my case, I am finally BOLD enough to admit after much self-evaluation, prayer, and counsel--that I am NOT justifiably blamed.

I WILL, however, see to it that the new lives and souls at our congregation do not fall through the cracks and crevices. Correction is key. Discipline is vital. Love is a must. Clarity and Repitition is the caveat.

All in all, I am still insistent that I pastor a GREAT church because I pastor a GREAT people. Of course, they are STILL sheep (and we know what this entails); but they are the sheep God entrusted to my care; I will continue to do my part to lead them, guide them, and live an exemplary life that honors God first and that they can follow.

No comments: