Friday, September 21, 2007

I Saw God Wash The World

I Saw God Wash The World
I saw God wash the world last night
with His sweet showers on high,
and then, when morning came, I saw
Him hang it out to dry.
He washed each tiny blade of grass
and every trembling tree;
He flung His showers against the hill,
and swept the billowing sea.
The white rose is a cleaner white,
the red rose is more red,
since God washed every fragrant face
and put them all to bed.
There's not a bird, there's not a bee
that wings along the way
but is a cleaner bird and bee
than it was yesterday.
I saw God wash the world last night.
Ah, would he had washed me
As clean of all my dust and dirt
As that old white birch tree.
William L. Stidger
That poem by Stidger is my prayer as a proclaimer of the Word of God. That God would wash us through the cleansing of HIS Word. That when the last line in the final chapter of life is composed and completed--that people will not have heard KRAIG preach, teach or instruct. But--through this broken instrument--they have encountered the REALITY of a RESURRECTED LORD! That they will continually leave with a sense of URGENCY and RESPONSIBILITY to carry the Word that they have heard THROUGH me TO them who need to hear from Jesus Christ our LORD. Wash us, Lord, and cleanse us all through the instruction and infallibility of your Word. This is my prayer!!!

No comments: