Monday, January 01, 2007

New Beginnings & Fresh Starts

I want to begin my blog presentation by giving a very clear and succinct disclaimor: I am excited about 2007! For the most part, 2006 has been for me a very challenging-though rewarding-season in my own life and ministry. Now I am not downplaying or belittling 2006; I am merely rejoicing at where I have been and I anticipate a year filled with joy, God's goodness and a new level of life, ministry and expectation. Of course, I am not naive enough to believe that 2007 will be void of it's own set of challenges and difficulties. I reflect now on what Jeremiah reports in Jeremiah 29:11, God says, "I know the thoughts that I think towards you...thoughts or peace...not of evil...to give you an expected end". That next verse is often neglected though it is very significant: '...then you will call upon me...and you shal go and pray unto me; and I will hear you...' I understand now that with REVELATION also comes RESPONSIBILITY. And that every destination comes with a set order of directions and instructions. My PRAYER for this year goes as follows:1. To grow and mature spiritually as a Christian Believer, Husband, Father, Pastor, Brother and Friend.2. To win atleast one soul to Christ each week.3. To disciple a minimum of 10 young men (yokefellows) in the fellowship of our congregation.4. To grow as a student and steward of God's word.It is my intent, goal and objective to use this blogspot as an initial tool to monitor, trace and document my spiritual journey in faith. I intend to memo my sermonic notes, Bible studies, ideas, thoughts, concepts, ideaologies, personal thoughts, and anything I think would be of interest in an effort to memo my spiritual/theological sojourn. I hope that someone will find insight and even clarity in this blog. I am committing now to a New Beginning and a Fresh Start--renewal, refreshment and revival. I am starting over again...again!

No comments: